You don't always have to spend a huge amount while revamping your homes. Spruce up your home decor with these easy and budget friendly home decorating tips.
1.Avoid putting furniture against the walls. Pulling it in (even a few inches) can instantly make the room look bigger, and create a sense of flow. Plus, your walls will stay clear longer without the constant contact.
2. Contrary to popular belief, dark walls do not make a room look smaller. In fact they give a perception of depth, hence making the room seem bigger.
3.Have some old furniture lying around? Paint it in eye-catching vibrant colors to give the furniture (and the room) a new look.
4. Dark furniture making your room look too dingy? Add white molding around window frames to brighten up the room.
5.To create flattering light, use lampshades lined in a soft pink.
6.Loose cushions and pillows should be rotated and fluffed every week to keep filling materials evenly distributed. This also makes them look as good as new for a longer time.
7. Give your room a makeover with colorful pillows and eye-catching accessories. Add in a graphic quilt for extra effect.
8. The higher the curtains, the better. High curtains make the ceiling seem higher, thus expanding the room size.
As furniture manufacturers, we realize the importance of using a variety of materials and specialized finishes to protect the furniture during regular use. What can you do to protect the finish on your furniture? Here are a few tips we could help you out with-
1. Keep your furniture out of direct sunlight in the summer. Extreme heat can damage fine finishes, which results in cracks in polish as well as the wood.
2. If a vintage piece has a lingering smell, air it outside on a warm, dry day (again, make sure you keep it away from direct sunlight)
3. To prevent metal framed furniture from rusting, apply paste wax to protect it.
4. Leather is easy to care for. Avoid using normal cleaning supplies -- like soaps, detergents, solvents, etc.Just use a conditioner every 6-12 months and wipe up spills as they occur with a clean cloth, and you’ll have your leather furniture looking as good as new at all times.
5. Coffee mug stains on your table? Place a soft cloth on the stain and iron it for 20-30 seconds at a medium heating. Do not forget to keep the iron moving.
6. Dust your furniture frequently. Use a lamb wool’s duster or a damp white cotton cloth as they do a better job at cleaning out the fine dust. Avoid using a feather duster as it may cause harm to the furniture as it damages delicate finishes.
7. If you have wax or gum on the surface – Harden the substance by holding an ice cube wrapped in cloth against it. Pry off with a fingernail or credit card. Rub the area with extra-fine steel wool dipped in mineral spirits. Wipe dry.
8.Avoid all cleaners containing ammonia since it can damage wooden furniture easily.
9. Vacuum all upholstery once a week using a brush attachment only.
10.To keep teak looking beautiful, it should be oiled every 3 to 4 months with a lint free cloth or very fine steel wool.
Outdoor spaces should feel like an extension of your homes. It's important to make sure the outdoor areas look warm and inviting too. We at Sanskriti Lifestyle can help you with a few techniques that could help you give a personality to your outdoor areas-
Doormats are great ways to add a little bit of color to the outdoor area. These are the first things people see when they enter your home- why stick to the usual? Opt for some quirky ones to give your front door a little spunk. These creatively wacky mats will definitely add a personal touch to your doors!
The choice of furniture is all up to you. You can give it a royal, ethnic touch with wooden furniture, or opt for a simple look with light colored garden chairs. Vibrantly colored furniture works well if you wish to create a young, eclectic atmosphere. You can also mix and match your furniture items and have a variety of chairs and benches adorning your front porch.
Decorating with plants can never go wrong. Taking some inspiration from nature is not only inexpensive but also creates a calming, soothing and healthy environment. Plants bring life to your place and fill it with a natural vibrancy.
Bring in some drama to your front porch with some lamps. Vibrantly colored, intricately designed lamps lend a traditional appeal whereas Moroccan lamps help create drama. Lanterns add warmth to outdoor settings. Cheerful color shades brighten up the mood whereas dark colors might make the entrance seem dark and uninviting- choose the colors carefully!
Bright colored upholstery makes the outdoor settings cheerful. Throwing in vibrantly colored and/or quirky cushions spruces up the mood immediately. Experiment with textures, colors and eye-catching displays. There is no rule book when it comes to interior decoration.
No matter what the size of the exterior is, there is always a way to add a personality to the space. Do you have any interesting tips or suggestions? Share them with us!
There is no rule book when it comes to interior decoration. Have fun experimenting with colors, textures and eye-catching displays, and give the room a personality that you want.
Modern crafting is about 2 simple pieces that you have got together, and a whole lot of experimentation with prints, colors fabrics. Here are some ways you can incorporate colors and prints in your homes-
Adding in vibrantly colored cushion covers helps brighten up the space. If you're looking for a young look, try quirky prints.
Bright curtains that stand out against the color scheme of the room are a big trend. They add a hint of drama and energy into the environment. Opt for contrasting colors like red/green/bright blue in a subtle, cream colored decor.
Table Cloth and Upholstery
A classic print (like the check) can be made modern by playing around with patterns and giving it an unexpected color. How about experimenting with neon checks in your dining room?
Vibrantly colored doors (and window frames) stand out against the subtle decor and provide a quirky, eclectic touch to the interiors. They also add a hint of drama to the subtle surroundings.
Chairs and Benches
Painting your furniture in an eye-popping color is a trend that is slowly on its way to ruling the home decor circuit. Even a simple bench painted white can stand out if paired with quirky or vibrant cushions.
Carpets and Rugs
Usually available in traditional prints, these are a great addition to your home decor. They add sophistication and elegance to the interiors. Smaller rugs can also be used as wall hangings!
Mix and match, embrace bold colors, and give your traditional decor a modern twist with a quirky, colorful and eclectic look!