As furniture manufacturers, we realize the importance of using a variety of materials and specialized finishes to protect the furniture during regular use. What can you do to protect the finish on your furniture? Here are a few tips we could help you out with-
1. Keep your furniture out of direct sunlight in the summer. Extreme heat can damage fine finishes, which results in cracks in polish as well as the wood.
2. If a vintage piece has a lingering smell, air it outside on a warm, dry day (again, make sure you keep it away from direct sunlight)
3. To prevent metal framed furniture from rusting, apply paste wax to protect it.
4. Leather is easy to care for. Avoid using normal cleaning supplies -- like soaps, detergents, solvents, etc.Just use a conditioner every 6-12 months and wipe up spills as they occur with a clean cloth, and you’ll have your leather furniture looking as good as new at all times.
5. Coffee mug stains on your table? Place a soft cloth on the stain and iron it for 20-30 seconds at a medium heating. Do not forget to keep the iron moving.
6. Dust your furniture frequently. Use a lamb wool’s duster or a damp white cotton cloth as they do a better job at cleaning out the fine dust. Avoid using a feather duster as it may cause harm to the furniture as it damages delicate finishes.
7. If you have wax or gum on the surface – Harden the substance by holding an ice cube wrapped in cloth against it. Pry off with a fingernail or credit card. Rub the area with extra-fine steel wool dipped in mineral spirits. Wipe dry.
8.Avoid all cleaners containing ammonia since it can damage wooden furniture easily.
9. Vacuum all upholstery once a week using a brush attachment only.
10.To keep teak looking beautiful, it should be oiled every 3 to 4 months with a lint free cloth or very fine steel wool.
Sanskriti Lifestyle is passionate about quality, elegance and culture. We'd like to enhance our customers' lifestyle, either through our beautiful furniture and home decor, or through our style tips and ideas. Follow this blog. You will enjoy it!